Looking to womp General in Kith

This is where potential new members learn more about <Europa> and old veterans tell their dragon tales. Feel free to post anything EQ related here or ask questions.
Tombur
Decaying Skeleton

Looking to womp General in Kith

Post by Tombur »

Looking to kill V'ghera plus get my Rogue a guild invite tomorrow afternoon (Saturday). I have been playing the rogue quite a bit since returning to the server and have done my epic to the point of the General fight.

Apparently its harmony pullable so as a bare bones I would be looking for a cleric druid War and Deeps x 3. I can use Tombur in the fight too although as far as I understand slow will not land so It would be backup heals! My rogue is only lv 50 so I doubt he would be much use compared to higher level toons in a dps capacity.
Kinya
Human Remains Officer

Re: Looking to womp General in Kith

Post by Kinya »

Not sure I can be there due to kids, But I can get your rog guilded:) Just let me know:) Im currently camped in EC:)
Kinya the High Priest
KineKline mini Rogue
Kinshop EC slave

Use your voice! Leave some feedback!
Tombur
Decaying Skeleton

Post by Tombur »

Cheers Kinya I will be on in around 1400 GMT
Mentathiel
Decaying Skeleton

Post by Mentathiel »

I am up to fight V'ghera, depending on the time. It's a fun little fight and there's always the tiny chance that something nice will drop; when I did my epic, we saw an Edge of the Nightwalker...
Tombur wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:30 am
My rogue is only lv 50 so I doubt he would be much use compared to higher level toons in a dps capacity.
What you forget is that a rogue never needs to be dealing the best DPS; casters can be resisted, mobs can be immune to effects, but a rogue will always add a certain amount of sustained DPS to any fight. There are times when you can't survive hitting a mobs with damage-shields or lots of AoE attacks or the ability to rampage, but I think I have yet to meet a mob where an under-level under-geared rogue is not at least adding something.

Quite honestly, shaman buffs are likely to be useful, but don't feel like you need to pick the single most effective strategy; I have sat through multiple attempts on the general and I have only ever seen the fight go wrong on the spawning (so many ways to fail the spawn) or pulling (so many enemies so close together) phases. Get a good tank, a good healer or two and it's all just a case of hitting him until he falls down.
Mentathiel - 54 Rake
Tombur
Decaying Skeleton

Post by Tombur »

THat sounds awesome! For the hand in is it best to stand off side of the guy who is slightly outside the door I was looking at the hut layout yesterday and thinking Im soooo dead when I do this!!
Mentathiel
Decaying Skeleton

Post by Mentathiel »

I managed to hide/sneak right up to the wall of the hut, stood behind the War Priestess, then dropped hide. There were undead and dark elves, but nothing aggroed. After a second or two to check nothing wanted me dead and no invis (including IVU) was up, I handed in to her. The general popped, I saw him appear and make vague threats, put hide back on, then left it to the pulling team to finish.

I think a lot of people like to pull dark elves out one by one until there are only a couple left before the hand-in, others like to wait for day to avoid the undead, but my epic helpers just said spawn V'ghera in the middle of the night and then single-pulled him IIRC.

So, before the hand-in: (yes, these are obvious, but better safe than sorry)
  • Make sure you have no invis of any type (invis will drop and the hand-in will fail)
  • Make sure you do no have hide on (hide will drop, you will get aggro and the hand-in will fail)
  • Make sure you do not gain aggro from a random mob nearby (all the dark-elves will aggro on you and the hand-in will fail)
Mentathiel - 54 Rake
Kinya
Human Remains Officer

Post by Kinya »

Sitting semi afk in tunnel now:) just send a tell when you are on and I Will se it at some point😂
Kinya the High Priest
KineKline mini Rogue
Kinshop EC slave

Tombur
Decaying Skeleton

Post by Tombur »

Sorry Kinya! I headed out to the gym after a while! Im back again now if you happen to be around:)
Kinya
Human Remains Officer

Post by Kinya »

Logging in now:)
Kinya the High Priest
KineKline mini Rogue
Kinshop EC slave